We will continue to monitor the situation and act in accordance with State Government advice and the Glenroy Neighbourhood Learning Centre COVID-19 Safe Plan. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Explore the local area, have fun and get fit with the GNLC Centre Walk and Talk group! The group walks for 40 – 60 minutes every Friday morning and is free of charge
About our Walk and Talk
Walking makes your heart and lungs work harder and therefore creates many benefits for your health. Participating in outdoor activities with others is beneficial for our physical and mental wellbeing.
In order to join the Walk and Talk Group you will need to:
• Be able to walk for 40 to 60 minutes and have the motivation and capacity to do so
• Check with your Doctor that you are fit enough to walk briskly for up to an hour
• Complete our registration form and provide all health and medication details before commencing walking with the group
For your safety and comfort:
• Wear good walking shoes or runners that support your feet and ankles
• Carry a small bottle of water
• Carry medication with you if required
• Wear a sunhat and sunscreen and carry wet weather gear if necessary